The second part of Werewolves is coming at you! Flora dives into the science, medicine, and social context of werewolves to shed some light on the current lore. How is the moon connected to them? What are the ways to kill or cure one? What medical conditions have been put forward to explain the condition? David explores the psychological side as well as how Hollywood shaped our understanding. Folklorist Deborah Hyde also shares her insights into the socio-economic aspects of the creature through history. Get ready for some deep and fun information to cap off this great topic on this episode of Blurry Photos!
Myst on the Moor, Hiding Your Reality, Evil Incoming, Danse Macabre – Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
Dark Fantasy Studio Music by Nicolas Jeudy
Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
Koosmen, Tanika. The Ancient Origins of Werewolves. The Conversation. Oct. 28, 2018. Web. http://theconversation.com/the-ancient-origins-of-werewolves-104775
Bennett, Adelaide. Global Legends and Lore: Vampires and Werewolves Around the World. Mason Crest Publisher Inc. Broomall, PA. 2011.
Werewolf Page. http://www.werewolfpage.com/index.html
Howison, Del. When Werewolves Attack. Ulysses Press. Berkley, CA. 2010.
Guiley, Rosemary Ellen. Werewolves and Dogmen. Visionary Living, Inc. New Milford, CT. 2017.
- Gholipour, Bahar. Real-Life Werewolves: Psychiatry Re-Examines Rare Delusion. LiveScience. TechMedia Network, 14 Apr. 2014. Web. 10 Sept. 2016.
- de France, Marie. Translated by Judith P. Shoaf. Bisclavret. 1996. Web. http://users.clas.ufl.edu/jshoaf/Marie/bisclavret.pdf
- The Public Domain Review, Collections. The Beast of Gevaudan (1764 – 1767). Web. https://publicdomainreview.org/collections/the-beast-of-gevaudan-1764-1767/
- Steiger, Brad. The Werewolf Book: The Encyclopedia of Shape-Shifting Beings. Visible Ink Press, 2nd Edition. 2011.
- The Oi Encyclopedia. Selene. Web. https://www.theoi.com/Titan/Selene.html
- Metzger, Nadine. Battling Demons with Medical Authority: Werewolves, Physicians and Rationalization. National Center for Biotechnology Information. 2014. Web. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4090416/
- Lynn, Michael R. Werewolves: Fables or Affliction? The Ultimate History Project. Web. http://ultimatehistoryproject.com/werewolves.html
- Medical Bag, Entry. Werewolf Syndrome (Congenital Hypertrichosis Lanuginosa). 2014. Web. https://www.medicalbag.com/home/features/profile-in-rare-diseases/werewolf-syndrome-congenital-hypertrichosis-lanuginosa/
- Kramer, Heinrich & Sprenger, James. Translated by Montague Summers. The Malleus Maleficarum. Online Reproduction of the 1928 Edition. Web.
- Koosman, Tanika. Why Werewolves Eat People: Cannibalism in the Werewolf Narrative. Folklore Thursday. London. 18 Jan 2018. Web. https://folklorethursday.com/myths/werewolves-eat-people-cannibalism-werewolf-narrative/
Baring-Gould, Sabine. The Book of Werewolves. Smith, Elder & Co. London. 1865.
Click here to download the Episode!